Non-Profit Healthcare Provider, MASSACHUSETTS
- Lowered energy costs by 21.8%
- Services were executed flawlessly in occupied spaces with over 2,100 employees with zero reported complaints
- Reduced overall facilities spend by $425,000 annually
- Reduced overall run times on mechanical equipment consisting of 2,500+ tons of mechanical cooling and 20,000,000+ BTU’s of heating
- Overall building comfort increased
Our client was focused on increasing their energy efficiency in two of their larger properties, totaling 648,000 square feet. They had a proprietary controls system that required costly upgrades, and had flaws in the hardware and in the software programming. These flaws increased the overall risk to critical pieces of their infrastructure, including their data center operations, so it was imperative that they make a change.
SCOPE OF WORK
EMCOR Services Northeast designed the project to be completed in two phases: Building 1 was the first phase of the project (2017-2018) and Building 2 was the second phase (2018-2019).
The scope was as follows:
- Replace all BMS controllers on variable air volume (VAV) boxes and fan powered terminal units totaling 821 individual controllers.
- Run multiple BACnet communications Busses totaling over 32,000 feet of wiring to field controllers.
- Over the course of 2 years, replace or retrofit an additional 82 panels, controlling 1,035 pieces of equipment.
The project team included 25 EMCOR Services Northeast Controls Technicians and 10 electricians from one of our preferred vendors on-site, working consecutively throughout the year on nights and weekends.
- Created precise network infrastructure drawings for both facilities
- Engineered new sequences of operation to increase system performance
- Installed a dedicated BAS Ethernet Network to avoid customer IP conflicts
- Worked with customer IT team to integrate BAS network into facility while ensuring security protocols had been met
- Teamed up with local preferred controls product representative
Our client is a non-profit healthcare company led by people dedicated to making quality health care affordable for over 80+ years.
Our project team leaders held training sessions with the technicians on building operations and to communicate overall project goals.
Our team performed integration- and sequence- tuning of multiple large custom rooftop units with water cooled screw compressors and built- in multi stage gas burners.